VPR continues to be available to the MIT community remotely.
- VPR advocacy services: email email@example.com to make an appointment.
- VPR hotline: call 617-253-2300 to connect with VPR staff immediately.
- VPR prevention and education: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to speak safely in your current situation, scheduled VPR advocacy appointments can be text- or chat-based. See national resources below for ways to connect with someone immediately via chat or text.
National Resources (Including Text and Chat Hotlines)
National Domestic Violence Hotline (free, confidential, 24/7)
Online chat: https://www.thehotline.org/
Text: text LOVEIS to 22522 (Love Is Respect in partnership with the National Domestic Violence Hotline)
National Sexual Assault Hotline (free, confidential, 24/7)
Online hotline: https://hotline.rainn.org/online
Welcome to VPR
Violence Prevention and Response
Violence Prevention & Response
Violence Prevention and Response (VPR) is MIT’s primary on-campus resource for preventing and responding to interpersonal violence including sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. Our prevention specialists work with the entire campus to educate and raise awareness. Beginning June 5, our hotline will be available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to support survivors in deciding what to do next.
What we do:
Violence Prevention & Response helps members of the MIT community prevent and respond to:
- Rape and sexual assault
- Sexual harassment
- Dating and domestic violence
- Unhealthy relationships
When we can help:
- If you’re dealing with something that happened on campus or off campus
- If you’re dealing with something that happened before you came to MIT or during your time here
- Whether you’re seeking support for yourself or need help providing support for a friend
How we can help:
- Think about your options
- Find emotional support
- Obtain medical and legal assistance
- Access counseling services on or off campus
- Navigate campus procedures, including housing, academic help, and the campus judicial process
- Hotline: (617) 253-2300 available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., effective June 5
- Questions about advocacy services? VPRadvocate@mit.edu
- Questions about education or outreach? VPReducation@mit.edu