VPR continues to be available to the MIT community remotely.
- VPR advocacy services: email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online contact form to make an appointment.
- VPR hotline: call 617-253-2300 to connect with VPR staff Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST
- VPR prevention and education: email email@example.com.
If you are unable to speak safely in your current situation, scheduled VPR advocacy appointments can be text- or chat-based.
Welcome to VPR
Violence Prevention and Response
Violence Prevention & Response
Violence Prevention and Response (VPR) is MIT’s primary on-campus resource for preventing and responding to interpersonal violence including sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. Our prevention specialists work with the entire campus to educate and raise awareness. VPR advocates are available to offer emotional support, provide referrals, and help you think through your options.
Our hotline is always answered by VPR staff and is available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm EST.
What we do:
Violence Prevention & Response helps members of the MIT community prevent and respond to:
- Rape and sexual assault
- Sexual harassment
- Dating and domestic violence
- Unhealthy relationships
When we can help:
- If you’re dealing with something that happened on campus or off campus
- If you’re dealing with something that happened before you came to MIT or during your time here
- Whether you’re seeking support for yourself or need help providing support for a friend
How we can help:
- Think about your options
- Find emotional support
- Obtain medical and legal assistance
- Access counseling services on or off campus
- Navigate campus procedures, including housing, academic help, and the campus judicial process
- Hotline: (617) 253-2300 available Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm EST
- Questions about advocacy services? VPRadvocate@mit.edu or use our online contact form
- Questions about education or outreach? VPReducation@mit.edu