Nourishing the Institute
Campus Dining expects a full return to normal operations this fall.
What does this mean and what’s new?
- Students on dining plans can go to any of the six dining halls for meals.
- Dining halls will return to house-specific menus created by house chefs with feedback from house communities.
- House dining will return to a dine-in model, with seating available in dining rooms. Carry-out will revert back to the green box program.
- House operating hours, including late night meals, will return to pre-pandemic schedules.
- Special house events will be scheduled regularly. Does Soul Food Night ring a bell?
- Nearly all retail dining locations across campus will be open, albeit with modified hours.
- Food trucks will be invited to return to campus.
- Vending will be reactivated across campus.
- Community members with an MIT ID can go into dining halls and pay at the door.
- The Kosher food station will reopen at Maseeh’s Howard Dining Hall.
- McCormick will return to being the dining hall with Halal menu offerings.
- Lunch will be busy, so we are opening New Vassar as the second lunch location, Monday – Friday.
- TechMart will morph into Tim’s Mart and will open in New Vassar.
- The Commonwealth Kitchen Launchpad pilot will take off in Lobdell.
Please note: The fall meal plan change period is August 27 through September 10. You are able to make one change to your plan. For those with the Any 19 plan, guest meals cannot be used until after the change period.
Follow MIT Dining on Instagram!