Returning Student Checklist
Please see the checklist below of things to do to help you prepare for your return. Students requesting return from a Leave of Absence (LOA) should consult the Returning from Leave of Absence (LOA) page and checklist.
- Student Financial Services
- Now that you are returning, a bill for your tuition will automatically be generated. Students may check up-to-date balances and payments any time by logging onto the financial record section of WebSIS. For more information on your student bill visit, http://sfs.mit.edu/billing-repayment.
- If you are planning on applying for financial aid, you should complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile applications. Please visit, http://sfs.mit.edu/undergraduate-financial-aid for more information or contact Student Financial Services with any questions.
- If there is currently a registration hold on your account, please contact Eleanor Wolcott at email@example.com for more information. You should ensure that the hold is cleared before returning to campus.
- Athena User Account/Kerberos ID
- As long as you have cleared any registration holds on your student account, your Athena account should already be re-activated. If you are having any trouble accessing your MIT email or renewing your certificates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students returning from leave that have been assigned on-campus housing will be notified of their move in date and check in information via email sent directly from the Housing office.
- Consult the academic calendar to see when online registration opens for all students. Due to the timing of the return process it is unlikely that you will be able to pre-register. If you have not already done so, please contact your department and advisor to find out more about your specific advising and registration arrangements.
- Arrange an appointment with your S3 dean for when you return to campus.
- Do you have other questions about returning? If you are stuck and are not sure where to get answers to your questions, contact email@example.com.