Requesting a Personal Leave

A Personal Leave is typically sought when a student needs to attend to personal or family issues that arise unexpectedly. Under the terms of a Personal Leave, a student usually takes at least one full semester away from MIT, and requests to return by completing the Undergraduate Request to Return form which is reviewed by the CAP.