MIT ID Numbers
- After your additional occupant(s) have been approved by MIT Housing & Residential Services (HRS), an MIT ID number will be automatically generated for all occupants. Information regarding how to submit "proof of family" documentation to receive HRS approval for additional occupants is available on our website.
- After your additional occupant(s) have been approved by HRS, you will receive an automated email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to set up their Kerberos ID.
Physical & Mobile MIT ID Cards
- Regarding MIT ID cards, please visit the MIT ID website and follow the instructions (also copied below) only after the Kerberos ID has been created. Please note that it may take about one business day for MIT’s systems to populate a newly-created Kerberos account:
Enable a digital MIT ID:
- Install the MIT Atlas mobile app for iOS 13+ or Android 7+.
- Log in through Touchstone using your Kerberos username and password (or a certificate).
- Select the Mobile ID feature, and follow the guided steps.
To acquire a physical ID card:
For building access
, all residents must have a Kerberos account and physical MIT ID card or optional MIT Mobile ID, and complete any current campus access requirements. If you encounter access issues or if you need additional assistance please reach out to email@example.com
or call (617) 253-1101.
While residents should always have their physical MIT ID card while accessing campus residence halls, residents can also utilize a digital version of the MIT ID (as described above) for convenient access to campus buildings
. Please note, the mobile ID does not give you access to the local public transit systems.