Over the past year, the PKG Center has spent a significant amount of time reassessing our goals and strategic priorities. After careful consideration and discussions with relevant community partners, we made the decision to discontinue the Giving Tree program.
We will continue collaborating with the participating local organizations through rigorous, academically-aligned programming including:
- Matching skilled MIT students with employment and volunteer opportunities in community-based non-profit and public agencies;
- Funding to support students’ research on systemic inequalities that directly impact these partners and the development of innovative responses; and
- Facilitating training programs for student organizations and living communities to prepare them to engage in service work in and around Greater Boston.
We understand that many members of the MIT community have made participation in the Giving Tree program part of their own holiday tradition. Please consider donating directly to any of the Giving Tree partner agencies below:
- Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Cambridge Family & Children’s Service
- Cradles to Crayons
- DCF Kids Fund
- East End House
- Elizabeth Peabody House
- Margaret Fuller Neighborhood House
- Project Hope
- The Guidance Center
- Room To Grow
Thank you for your generosity toward these organizations and our community.