Each fraternity, sorority, and independent living group is self-governing with support through advisement from the FSILG Office.
The FSILG Office advises these student organizations:
- The Interfraternity Council (IFC)
- The Panhellenic Association (Panhel)
- The Living Group Council (LGC)
- The Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
And the FSILG Office also works closely with these organizations:
- Association of Independent Living Groups (AILG)
- The FSILG Cooperative, Inc.(FCI)
- Independent Residence Development Fund (IRDF)
Each organization manages its own operations and maintenance, and develops its academic, social, membership, recreational and external policies and programs. These organizations provide a unique experience in leadership, community planning, and group interactions. FSILG communities are located on MIT's campus, as well as off-campus in a number of surrounding communities. The MIT FSILG map shows the location of all FSILG housing facilities.