About Intercultural Engagement
Intercultural Engagement (i.e.) provides support, advocacy and education to our diverse undergraduate and graduate student populations at MIT. We build community by providing a myriad of educational and social opportunities for students and 70+ cultural/identity based student organizations. We help cultivate a brave “SPXCE” (pronounced space) for students by providing a physical SPXCE (W31-110) that encourages learning about personal identity while valuing and respecting others’. The physical SPXCE is a place for ongoing learning, growth and innovation; a place where healthy conversations about diversity, social justice and belonging are not only encouraged, but celebrated.
IE empowers students by giving them the tools, skills and knowledge to be champions of diversity and social justice on and off the MIT campus through programming and outreach.
Our Core Values. We support our community by:
- Welcoming and connecting students to resources at MIT
- Educating students as leaders in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Community building through programming and events where students and student organizations can make meaningful connections
- Advocating on students’ behalf
- Respecting and celebrating students uniqueness; appreciating all their intersecting identities
- Engaging students in culturally rich dialogues while supporting them through the difficult conversations
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment. The Institute does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other Institute administered programs and activities, but may favor US citizens or residents in admissions and financial aid.
Location in SPXCE | W31-110