Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Course
Welcome!MIT is committed to making our community an inclusive place for all. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion course is a tool for education on terminology and resources for students. It is a basic expectation of respect and caring amongst our community. The stories and the students that were involved in the creation of the course helped make the module specific to MIT student needs regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
If you'd like to speak to a member of the SPXCE team about diversity, equity, and inclusion at MIT, please email SPXCE@MIT.edu.
If you have any questions about the course see some of the frequently asked questions below or email the TrainMod Team.
FAQWhy who is required to take this course?
Updated 2020-2021: First year and second year undergraduate students as well as first year graduate students are required to take the DEI course upon their start at MIT.
MIT is committed to providing you with an MIT experience that reflects the institutional commitment to provide a supportive community that allows our students to be their true selves. Our commitment to diversity includes but is not limited to race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion and spiritual beliefs, and disabilities. As a part of this ongoing effort, we have partnered with EverFi to offer the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion course, to allow students to have a common understanding of terms, learn to identify unconscious bias, and to know more about our resources, affiliated offices, programs and the many opportunities that can help you manage your experience here at MIT.
I'm not required to take the DEI Course this year, but I'd like to take it or have my DLC take it, is that possible?
The DEI course is availalbe to all undergraduate and graduate students via Atlas and under recommened course. You can take the course and revisit it any time. The course can be used as a way to introduce DEI topics to your DLC. Having a conversation post course with your peers is reccomended to keep the converation going long after the course has been completed.
Instructions to Access the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Online Course:
- Head to the Atlas Learning Center
- You will be prompted to log in with your MIT Kerberos ID and password
- You must have created your Kerberos ID to complete this course
- Click on the “Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion”, on the “My Training Needs” tab Within the Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion course description page Click the “Begin Course” button located at the bottom.
- If you thought you completed the course but it’s not showing a green check in your “My Training Needs” page in Atlas, close the course pop-up window and be sure to wait for the Atlas course window to update and present a survey.
- If you’re stuck in a loop in a course, please visit the Vendor website to see some troubleshooting tips and to chat with an EverFi 24/7 technician.