Burton Conner Renewal Project
Beginning in Spring 2021, Burton Conner will be taken offline for renewal.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Burton Conner Renewal Project FAQ This document seeks to address frequently asked questions about the Burton Conner Renewal Project. The information within the FAQ page is updated frequently with additional information.
About the Project
Built in 1928, and serving as a residence hall at MIT since 1948, Burton Conner is currently scheduled to be taken offline for renewal in early 2021 and is targeted to reopen in August 2022. At this time, the renewal is primarily for an extensive infrastructure and building systems update, which will include modest updates to finishes and spaces.
DSL and their partners in the Department of Facilities and Office of Campus Planning are currently gathering data and surveying the building to better understand the full scope of renewal work needed.
Burton Conner Transition Team
Roles & Responsibilities
The Transition Team will serve as a conduit for the BC community to register hopes, concerns, and questions about the renewal process. They will also:
- surface renewal-related issues
- develop strategies to address the issues raised
- work through the logistics of relocation
- provide input to the project plans as needed
- ensure effective communication with the BC community
Transition Team Members
- Sarah Aaronson, BC President (2023)
- Ankita Devasia, BC Vice President (2023)
- Alex Quach, BC Treasurer (2023)
- Joey Alongi, BC Secretary (2024)
- Yu Jing Chen (2022)
- Liliana Vela (2022)
- Cameron Kleiman (2023)
- Emily Scherer (2023)
- Claire Lu (2024)
- Janelle Knox-Hayes, Head of House
- Jarrod Hayes, Head of House
- Kat Howell, Area Director
Division of Student Life
- David Friedrich, Sr. Associate Dean for Housing & Residential Services
- Judy Robinson, Sr. Associate Dean for Residential Education
- Kristen Selheim, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Residential Life
- Rich Hilton, Director of House Operations
- Mary K. Liñan, Manager of Special Initiatives
Email us at email@example.com
Updates to this page will be made as more information becomes available. Don't forget to bookmark the link!