Burton Conner Renewal Project
Burton Conner is currently offline for renewal until August 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Burton Conner Renewal Project FAQ This document seeks to address frequently asked questions about the Burton Conner Renewal Project. The information within the FAQ page is updated frequently with additional information.
About the Project
Built in 1928, and serving as a residence hall at MIT since 1948, Burton Conner is currently offline for renewal with a targeted re-opening in August 2022. The renewal is primarily for an extensive infrastructure and building systems update, which will include modest updates to finishes and spaces. Read this MIT News article to learn more about residential projects on campus.
In particular, the Burton Conner renewal project seeks to improve the building’s infrastructure and interior spaces to enhance the overall student experience.
- The infrastructure project includes:
- New energy-efficient windows, renovated plumbing and heating systems, refreshed kitchens with new appliances, renovated suite bathrooms and improvements to existing public restrooms, life safety improvements, and accessibility upgrades;
- New corridors that will connect the Burton and Conner sides of the residence on floors 2-5;
- Updates to building amenities such as the gym, library, common spaces, and the bike-storage area;
- A new makerspace and an accessible elevator (the two existing elevators will be improved); and
- Refreshed indoor living spaces and finishes, as well as outdoor improvements to the building’s façade, lintels, and sills.
Burton Conner Transition Team
Roles & Responsibilities
The Transition Team will serve as a conduit for the BC community to register hopes, concerns, and questions about the renewal process. They will also:
- surface renewal-related issues
- develop strategies to address the issues raised
- work through the logistics of relocation
- provide input to the project plans as needed
- ensure effective communication with the BC community
Transition Team Members
- Sarah Aaronson, BC President (2023)
- Ankita Devasia, BC Vice President (2023)
- Alex Quach, BC Treasurer (2023)
- Joey Alongi, BC Secretary (2024)
- Yu Jing Chen (2022)
- Liliana Vela (2022)
- Cameron Kleiman (2023)
- Emily Scherer (2023)
- Claire Lu (2024)
- Janelle Knox-Hayes, Head of House
- Jarrod Hayes, Head of House
- Kat Howell, Area Director
Division of Student Life
- David Friedrich, Sr. Associate Dean for Housing & Residential Services
- Judy Robinson, Sr. Associate Dean for Residential Education
- Kristen Selheim, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Residential Life
- Rich Hilton, Director of House Operations
- Mary K. Liñan, Manager of Special Initiatives
Email us at email@example.com
Updates to this page will be made as more information becomes available. Don't forget to bookmark the link!