Leave of Absence (G)

Graduate Housing

Graduate students taking a leave of absence are not eligible to reside in graduate housing. Please contact Housing & Residential Services as soon as you are aware of your approved leave and provide a letter or email from your doctor, the Office of Graduate Education, or your department to verify that you are taking a leave. We work on a case-by-case basis with each student taking a leave in order to determine the appropriate date when the student’s license will end and the student will depart housing for the leave.  The departure date will ordinarily be no later than 30 days from the date when the leave was approved. Residents taking a leave of absence are not charged any termination fees.  Any damage to the student’s room may be billed under the damage policy.