One of two family residences at MIT, Westgate Apartments (W85) is located on the west end of campus and is approximately 0.8 miles walking distance to MIT's main entrance.
540 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA 02139
IMPORTANT: Campus construction and/or a Housing-related project is expected to impact Westgate during the 2023-2024 academic year.
Westgate Apartments is a five building complex featuring a range of apartment-style units for graduate student families.
|Unit Type||Approx. Size||Number||Description|
|efficiency apt.||350 sf||87||Private apartment for one family with combined living/dining/bedroom, one bathroom and a kitchen.|
|1-bedroom apt.||440 sf||59||Private apartment for one family with one bedroom, combined living/dining room, one bathroom and a kitchen.|
|2-bedroom apt.||660 sf||60||Private apartment for one family with two bedrooms, combined living/dining room, one bathroom, a kitchen and a balcony.|
Utilities are included in your monthly rent.
Bedrooms and living/dining rooms are not furnished. Kitchens are furnished with a refrigerator and stove. (Utensils and supplies are not provided.)
- recreation lounges
- laundry facilities
- outdoor playground and barbecue areas
IMPORTANT: Pets are prohibited in any undergraduate or graduate residence hall unless specifically noted otherwise. Please read the full policy for more information.
Westgate Apartments Renewal Policy*
MIT Graduate Students
- Renewable License: Residents may annually choose to renew their on-campus housing assignment for the full duration of their MIT graduate degree program.
Visitors, Affiliates, Postdocs, Cross-Registered Students
- Non-Renewable License: Must enter the Self-Selection process annually to select an on-campus housing assignment, subject to housing availability. Existing residents seeking to remain in on-campus graduate housing will be granted early access to select a unit before off-campus visitors, affiliates, postdocs and cross-registered students.
*Residents must remain eligible for MIT graduate housing. This renewal policy does not apply to undergraduate students living within graduate housing. Visitors, affiliates, postdocs and cross-registered students continue to receive non-renewable licenses.
Take a peek inside the building!
Building Amenity Spaces
Children's Playroom (High Rise, First Floor)
Fitness Area (High Rise, First Floor)
Lobby Seating Area (High Rise, First Floor)
Shared Community Space (High Rise, Large Space, Basement)
Shared Community Space (High Rise, Small Space, Basement)
Example Unit Types*
*Please note that specific unit types and fixtures may vary. All immersive images are for illustrative purposes only.
- Westgate Apartments
- Westgate Apartments - Playground
- Westgate Apartments - Lounge
- Westgate Apartments - Lounge Kitchen