Approximately 0.5 miles walking distance from MIT's main entrance, The Warehouse (NW30) is located in the northwest section of campus.
The Warehouse features one-occupant, furnished efficiency apartments. Many of the units are reserved for first-year graduate students. At least one wall of every apartment is exposed brick.
|Unit Type||Approx. Size||Number||Description|
|efficiency apt.||310 sf||120||Private apartment for one occupant with a bathroom and kitchen.|
Every unit is air-conditioned.
Utilities are included in your monthly rent.
Each unit is furnished with:
- Full XL (extra long) bed and mattress (linens not provided).
- 5-drawer dresser
- small sofa
- desk chair
Each kitchen is furnished with a refrigerator and stove. (Utensils and supplies are not provided.)
- roof deck (open seasonally)
- large common room with pool table, ping pong, and grand piano
- large common kitchen
- television lounge
- media room
- fitness center
- bicycle storage room
- laundry facilities
IMPORTANT: Pets are prohibited in any undergraduate or graduate residence hall unless specifically noted otherwise. Please read the full policy for more information.
The Warehouse Renewal Policy*
MIT Graduate Students
- Non-Renewable License: As a first-year only graduate student community, housing renewal is unavailable. Residents who are interested in continuing to live on campus may select an alternative housing assignment, subject to housing availability. Residents will be granted early access to select an alternative on-campus housing assignment (excluding Ashdown House and Sidney-Pacific and The Warehouse) before general housing selection.
Visitors, Affiliates, Postdocs, Cross-Registered Students
- Non-Renewable License: Must enter the Self-Selection process annually to select an on-campus housing assignment, subject to housing availability. Existing residents seeking to remain in on-campus graduate housing will be granted early access to select a unit before off-campus visitors, affiliates, postdocs and cross-registered students.
*Residents must remain eligible for MIT graduate housing. This renewal policy does not apply to undergraduate students living within graduate housing. Visitors, affiliates, postdocs and cross-registered students continue to receive non-renewable licenses.
Take a peek inside the building!
Building Amenity Spaces
Atrium Study Area (First Floor)
Primary Fitness Area (Basement)
Secondary Fitness Area (Basement)
Shared Community Kitchen Area (Basement)
Shared Community Room (Basement)
Study Area (Large Space, Basement)
Study Area (Small Space, Second Floor)
Television Lounge (Basement)
Example Unit Type*
*Please note that specific unit types and fixtures may vary. All immersive images are for illustrative purposes only.
- The Warehouse
- The Warehouse - Lounge
- The Warehouse - Gym
- The Warehouse - Roof Deck