Edgerton House (NW10) is approximately 0.3 mile walking distance from MIT's main entrance at 77 Massachusetts Avenue. It is located in the northwest section of campus.
143 Albany Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
IMPORTANT: Campus construction and/or a Housing-related project may impact Edgerton House during the 2023-2024 academic year.
Edgerton House is a converted warehouse that features a range of apartment-style units for one, two, three, or four occupants. Every room in every unit is distinct.
Three- and four-occupant units are same-sex, but two-occupant units can be co-ed upon request. You can view floor plans at http://floorplans.mit.edu. Note: You will need your MIT certificates to access this site.
|Unit Type||Approximate Size||Number||Description|
|4-bedroom apt.||1,100 sf||20||Four occupants share an apartment with one full bathroom, one half bathroom, a living room, and kitchen. Each occupant has a private bedroom.|
|3-bedroom apt.||750 sf||72||Three occupants share an apartment with one bathroom, a living room, and kitchen. Each occupant has a private bedroom.|
|2-bedroom apt.||820 sf||72||Two occupants share an apartment with one bathroom, a living room, and kitchen. Each occupant has a private bedroom.|
|efficiency apt.||379 sf||2||Private apartment for one occupant or couple* with a bathroom and kitchen.|
|1-bedroom apt. for couples||585 sf||7||Private apartment for a couple* with a bathroom, living room, and kitchen.|
|1-bedroom apt.||585 sf||10||Private apartment for one occupant with a bathroom, lviing room, and kitchen.|
*Couples must submit proof of family documentation before you move in.
Each unit has central air-conditioning.
Please note: All units have wall-to-wall carpeting.
Utilities are included in your monthly rent.
All units are unfurnished. Kitchens are furnished with a refrigerator and stove. (Utensils and supplies are not provided.)
- small lounge areas on every floor
- large study lounge
- large lounge with big-screen televation, sound system, and pool table
- music practice room
- fitness center
- outdoor courtyard and barbecue area
IMPORTANT: Pets are prohibited in any undergraduate or graduate residence hall unless specifically noted otherwise. Please read the full policy for more information.
Edgerton House Renewal Policy*
MIT Graduate Students
- Renewable License: Residents may annually choose to renew their on-campus housing assignment for the full duration of their MIT graduate degree program.
Visitors, Affiliates, Postdocs, Cross-Registered Students
- Non-Renewable License: Must enter the Self-Selection process annually to select an on-campus housing assignment, subject to housing availability. Existing residents seeking to remain in on-campus graduate housing will be granted early access to select a unit before off-campus visitors, affiliates, postdocs and cross-registered students.
*Residents must remain eligible for MIT graduate housing. This renewal policy does not apply to undergraduate students living within graduate housing. Visitors, affiliates, postdocs and cross-registered students continue to receive non-renewable licenses.
Take a peek inside the building!
Building Amenity Spaces
Fitness Area (Basement)
Shared Community Space (Large Space, Basement)
Shared Community Space (Small Space, Basement)
Example Unit Types*
*Please note that specific unit types and fixtures may vary. All immersive images are for illustrative purposes only.
- Edgerton House
- Edgerton House - courtyard
- Edgerton House - apartment interior
- Edgerton House - courtyard