Renew or Reapply
If you currently live in on-campus housing, you will receive an email in late March reminding you about your license agreement end date. Depending your status, you will be asked to renew or reapply. Find out more below.
Renew vs. Reapply
Students who entered the allocation as a "new" student or family will have the option of two years for housing. Students are eligible to renew at the end of the first year. You may apply to the housing allocation to try to gain "continuing" status at the end of the second year.
* If you are a continuing student or family, your options will be to renew or terminate your assignment. DO NOT apply to the allocation if you are planning to renew your assignment. This will result in extra charges on your account.
How to Renew
- If you are eligible to renew, you will receive an email in late March asking if you want to renew or terminate your housing for the next academic year. This email will have two links, one for your new license agreement and one for termination of the previous agreement. You will need to sign the new license agreement by the deadline to remain in your assignment.
- If you are not renewing, you must fill out the termination form and let us know when you are leaving.
- If you would like to change your room or building, you have two options. You may either terminate your housing and apply for the allocation or consult the rules for your specific residence hall to learn about internal transfers.
How to Reapply
- All students with a non-renewable license agreement will receive an email in March reminding you that your license agreement expires on July 31. You will be asked to reapply to the allocation and complete a termination form for your current assignment.
- You must fill out a termination form with a projected departure date on or before July 31.
- If you would like to stay in on-campus housing, you must reapply through the allocation process.
- If you do not complete a termination form and do not apply to the allocation, your housing assignment will end on July 31st.
- If you are still in need of housing after missing the allocation process, you can apply to the waiting list or visit the off-campus housing website for assistance.
- Complete a termination form letting us know your expected departure date.
- If you aren't sure when you will leave, enter the last day of your license agreement (July 31).
- If you find you need to move earlier, email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with your earlier departure date. You must give at least 30-days' notice.
- Graduating students have the option of terminating:
- Summer Graduates: May 31, June 30 or July 31 (Note: Dates are subject to change if the date of Commencement is moved.)
- September Degree List Graduates: August 31
- February Degree List Graduates: November 30, December 31, January 31
- Terminating for any reason (approved or unapproved) during the first two months of a semester (September, October and February, March) incurs a termination fee equal to one month's rent. (Note: The termination fee is not rent and cannot be applied against rent owed. It will be charged in addition to rent owed.)
- Termination dates will always be the last day of the month, regardless of move-out date.