Answers to some of the most common questions about changes in family/partnership status can be found below.

My spouse/partner has moved away to take a new job. Am I eligible to remain in family housing?

  • If there is a change in your family status, please inform us right away. If possible, we will try to accommodate you on campus in single housing. Due to the high demand for family housing, students cannot remain in family housing when their partners or families no longer live with them on a full-time basis.
  • If you prefer to live off campus, please provide 30 days advance notice and note that regular termination fees will apply.

I currently live in single housing, but my spouse/partner will be coming to live here. What are my housing options?

  • If you live in single housing and your status changes from single to family, it is possible to terminate your assignment. Depending on when you want to move out, additional rent responsibility and fees may apply. You can apply for family housing through the self-selection process. You will need to provide proof of family/couple documentation.

*Please include in your termination form that you are going to self-select for family housing

I want to move off-campus to move in with my significant other. Do I need to provide any documentation?

  • The same policies apply as married students (see above). However, if you are moving out to move in with your significant other, you must provide documentation that proves you are in a long-term committed relationship in order to ensure you have an approved reason for termination. Please review the required proof of couple/family documentation.