Paying for Your On-campus Housing
- Your rent-responsibility begins upon your confirmed occupancy date. Billing will begin on this date even if you move in at a later date.
- You do NOT owe a security deposit or first or last month's rent in advance, as you would for most off-campus rental housing options.
- Your monthly housing fee (rent) includes all utilities.
- Billing statements are available online only and are not mailed.
How You Pay
Registered MIT Student
- If you are a fully-registered MIT student, housing charges will be posted to your student account through MITPAY. Information regarding different payment options is available on the Student Financial Services website.
- If you are drawing a regular income from MIT, you can have your rent automatically withdrawn from your paycheck by submitting a payroll deduction request through the MIT Payroll Office.
- Your first payment is due on or before your confirmed move-in date, and subsequent payments are due on the first day of the following month, as described on the Student Financial Services website.
- If you are an unenrolled student, visitor, postdoc, cross-registered student or MIT affiliate, charges will be posted to your Housing Portal within the “Make a Payment” section of the forms menu. Accepted forms of payment are debit or credit card only.
- Your first payment is due on or before your confirmed move-in date, and subsequent payments are due the first day of each month thereafter.
Changing Your WebSIS Address
- Your address in WebSIS is created by the billing system. As long as your housing license is active, the initial address cannot be changed. You will be able to update your WebSIS address only when your rent responsibility ends.
- If you move out, we will continue to bill you until your rent responsibility ends.
- If you move out before your rent responsibility ends, you can enter your new address in the "Temporary Address" field.