Can't find your answer here? No problem.Submit a Question
Will spaces allocated to student groups be affected by the Student Center renovation?
This project will have no impact on the vast majority of student organizations in the building. Staff have been reaching out to the small number of groups whose space will be affected.
Will student groups lose space after the Student Center renovations are complete?
BUILDING EVACUATION PROCEDURE
In the unlikely event of a fire or other need for a building evacuation, pease observe the following building evacuation procedure:
- Select the nearest exit
- Do not take the elevator
- Activate the manual fire alarm if not already sounding
- Travel along the right-hand side of corridors and stairwells
- If possible, direct yourself to the designated assembly locations* for your building (indoor or outdoor), and away from fire lanes.
- Do not stand in front of the building entrance. Firefighters require easy access to the building.
- If there is inclement weather, take shelter in nearby buildings wherever possible.
- Once the Cambridge Fire Department or MIT housing staff give the ‘all clear,’ you may return to your room.
*Assembly locations are reported on the Emergency Evacuation Plan posted on each floor next to elevators and stairs.
If you have any questions about evacuation procedures, please do not hesitate to contact Division of Student Life (DSL) Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Program Manager, Alice Ursella, via e-mail at email@example.com or via phone at (617) 253-4257 or the EHS Office at (617) 452-3477.
Can I temporarily leave on-campus graduate housing during the summer if I renewed my housing license agreement for the 2020-2021 academic year?
Yes. Residents may temporarily terminate their 2019-2020 license agreement and may leave their belongings if they signed a 2020-2021 housing license agreement to live in the same unit. They will not be charged rent during the temporary termination period, however, billing is anticipated to resume no later than September 1 (up to one month after the start of the new license agreement period which begins August 1).