- Increase your audience
- Low vision, color blind, and aging persons can access your content
Choose colors that work for everyone
- Provide sufficient color contrast
- Do not rely on color as the sole means to convey information. Add another visual element to indicate meaning, such as an underline or an icon.
Tools to Measure Contrast
- Paciello Group Color Contrast Analyzer (Mac & Windows)
- WAVE accessible color checker
- Tanaguru (for web designers)
- Color Oracle (color blindness simulator for Windows, Mac and Linux)
All inquiries are welcome at accessibility [at] mit.edu.