Summer Emergency Housing Transition to Fall 2020
August 7, 2020
Dear Summer Emergency Housing Resident,
I am writing to update your assigned Fall 2020 move-in date. In an effort to ensure a physically-distanced move-in weekend, all current residents of on-campus emergency housing will initiate moves to their Fall 2020 housing assignment one week earlier than off-campus students who are returning for the fall semester. Your updated move dates, as well as answers to frequently asked questions are below.
Housing & Residential Services (HRS) staff are here to help you every step of the way. If the HRS team can be helpful with answering your housing-related inquiries, please take a peek at the housing dashboard for regular updates or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing & Residential Services
1. When will I be permitted to move?
- The moving period for current residents of on-campus emergency housing is Friday, August 21 at 9:00 am through Monday, August 24 at 9:00 am. Residents will be able to move at their convenience during this multi-day period. If you would like assistance with moving, please see below for more information.
2. Will there be any resources available for moving to the new housing assignment?
- Yes. Boxes are available at the front desk of your current residence hall to pack your items. Carts will also be available by the front desk during the move period to move your own belongings into your new assignment. If you have any questions, please contact your House Operations Manager.
3. Where do I drop off my current key(s) and pick up my new key(s)?
- Students may drop off their current housing assignment key(s) at the front desk of their residence hall prior to departing. This should be completed by the end of the move period on Monday, August 24 at 9:00 am. Your new key(s) will be available for pickup at the front desk of your Fall 2020 residence hall starting on Friday, August 21 at 9:00 am. Your MIT ID access to your Fall 2020 residence hall will activate at that same time.
4. What should I pack to take with me my new assignment?
- Students who have received a new housing assignment for Fall 2020 should pack and remove all personal belongings from their current summer emergency housing assignment.
5. Will I maintain access to my current summer emergency housing assignment?
- No. Once the moving period ends on Monday, August 24 at 9:00 am, access to your current housing assignment will no longer be available.
6. When will billing start for my Fall 2020 housing assignment?
- Billing for your Fall 2020 housing assignment will not start until Monday, August 31, 2020.
7. Will I still have access to the Bridge Meal Plan?
- Yes. Students will still have access to the complimentary Bridge Meal Plan until Friday, August 28 at which time MIT Dining will shift into a special move-in weekend meal program before the fall meal plan schedule begins on Monday, August 31.