Helpful Information: Resources & Reminders
September 25, 2020
As we approach the end of September, we are writing to share helpful reminders and information regarding on-campus student policies, resources and community expectations.
- Covid-19 Testing Now Available at the Johnson Athletic Center (W34): Walk-in testing hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Testing also remains available at the trailer outside MIT Medical (E23), Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Availability of Disposable Face Coverings: If you misplaced or are in need of a replacement face covering, please visit the front desk of your residence hall or ask a member of the Compliance Resource Staff.
- Building Access/Tailgating: As a reminder, please use the designated entrance and/or exit for your building. Residents should not provide others access to their residence hall, even those who reside in the building. All students must tap in order to enter the building. Please remember, there is currently a no guest/visitor policy in place. Residents who violate this policy may result in a referral to the Committee on Discipline.
- Ensuring Food Access: MIT wants to ensure that no student is struggling with food security, and we have established several resources that can help you easily access food. You may also contact the ARM Coalition via email at email@example.com for assistance or to discuss any barriers you are experiencing in getting food. In addition to meal service through MIT Dining, residents may also consider private food delivery services such as Troav, Instacart, Amazon Fresh, etc.
- ‘New Normal’ - Helpful Videos: With the assistance of residents, House Teams and staff from the Division of Student Life, we are excited to share several brief videos with you which highlight best practices as we navigate our new normal:
- Properly wearing a face covering
- Cleaning a face covering
- Greeting friends
- Using the elevator
- Using a common space
Thank you for your continued partnership and cooperation as we work together to protect the health and wellbeing of the MIT community and our surrounding neighbors. For additional Institute updates, please visit the MIT NOW website.
Senior Associate Dean
Senior Associate Dean
Housing & Residential Services