Fall 2021 Housing Processes: Rising Juniors & Seniors
March 30, 2021
We are writing to share the 2021-2022 housing process timeline for rising juniors and seniors who maintained enrollment this past academic year and are eligible to return to campus housing. You likely saw that President Reif announced plans to ramp-up to full campus operations this fall. With this news, Housing & Residential Services (HRS) has been working collaboratively with DormCon leaders and House Teams to develop and implement a housing process for the fall semester.
Of particular note:
- We’re requesting that you please share your housing plans for next semester no later than Friday, April 9 at 11:59 pm ET by completing the required Fall 2021 Undergraduate Housing Intent & Preference Form within your MyHousing portal. Timely submission of this form is required to guarantee your on-campus housing this fall.
- Building assignments for the 2021-2022 academic year will automatically revert back to your Spring 2020 assignment.
- Students who are interested in living in an FSILG during the 2021-2022 academic year will receive additional information in the coming weeks about FSILG housing. Students who are considering FSILG housing next year, but who may also be interested in on-campus housing, are strongly encouraged to submit an intent to live on campus through the Fall 2021 Undergraduate Housing Intent & Preference Form to guarantee an on-campus assignment (which may be cancelled by the June penalty-free deadline if an FSILG accommodation is confirmed).
- You are guaranteed housing for the 2021-2022 academic year if you resided in on-campus housing as of March 1, 2020 and maintained enrollment during the 2020-2021 academic year (regardless if you lived off campus during the current academic year).
- If you are interested in participating in the Building Switch Lottery to change your Spring 2020 building assignment, applications are now available within your MyHousing portal until Friday, April 9 at 11:59 pm ET. Due to the ongoing renewal project and disruption to their community, Burton Conner students will receive priority during this process.
- The Spring 2021 move-out deadline is Friday, May 28 at 12:00 pm Noon ET.
- The penalty-free cancellation deadline for 2021-2022 housing is Monday, June 21 at 11:59 pm ET.
As noted above, housing assignments for 2021-2022 will revert back to Spring 2020 building assignments. This means that you will be automatically reassigned to your former building assignment. Your specific room assignment will follow the traditional house-level room assignment process involving Room Assignment Chairs and House Teams. If you’re interested in a different building assignment, please submit a Building Switch Lottery application within MyHousing no later than Friday, April 9.
If all goes well with the trajectory of the pandemic, we can expect to enjoy campus this fall without many of the COVID-era residential life restrictions. Additional information regarding life on campus next semester (including student policies, pod program, etc.) will be shared in the coming weeks and months.
As always, if you have any questions, or if the HRS team can be of any assistance as you navigate the housing process, please do not hesitate to reach out via email at email@example.com or by phone at (617) 253-2811.
Associate Dean and Director for Residential Services and Operations
Housing & Residential Services
Associate Director of Residential Services
Housing & Residential Services
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
- Required Fall 2021 Undergraduate Housing Intent & Preference Form opens
- Fall housing Building Switch Lottery Application opens
Friday, April 9, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET
- Required Fall 2021 Undergraduate Housing Intent & Preference Form closes
- Fall housing Building Switch Lottery Application closes
Friday, April 23, 2021
- Fall housing switch lottery results shared with students (building assignment only)
Friday, May 14, 2021
- Fall 2021 room assignments shared with rising juniors and seniors
Friday, May 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm Noon ET
- Spring 2021 move-out deadline
Monday, June 21, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET
- Penalty-free cancellation deadline for 2021-2022 on-campus housing