Resources for Students & Families
This page includes resources, both locally and nationally, that can assist you and your family in finding a wide range of supportive services to address your needs. If you need more specific support or resources that are not listed here, please reach out to the CARE Team.
- Doing Well at MIT: The resources on this page are meant to help support student’s wellbeing during both their transition to college and time at MIT.
- MIT Health: MIT Health's wide range of services includes classes and programs, occupational health, student mental health and counseling, sports medicine and orthopedics, public health and vaccination clinics, urgent care, family medicine, and much more.
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline The 988 Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones.
- Help When You Need It connects users to over 350,000 listings nationwide of private and public resources for food pantries, stores that accept food stamps, assisted living facilities, domestic violence and homeless shelters, mental health & substance use treatment, free clinics, legal and financial assistance.
Resources by Topic
- Health Insurance
- Medical Care and Hospital Bills
- The Assistance Fund: For those who qualify for financial support, service provides patient advocates to assist in securing financial assistance for co-payments, prescriptions, deductibles, premiums and medical expenses.
- Patient Advocate Foundation: Helps federally and commercially insured people living with life threatening, chronic, and rare diseases. Offers co-pay relief program to provide direct financial assistance to insured patients who meet certain qualifications to help them pay for needed prescriptions and/or treatment. Their website also has many other resources and services.
- Prescription Medication Payment Support
- Medicine Assistance Tool: A search engine for many of the patient assistance resources that the pharmaceutical industry offers.
- International SOS provides MIT students with medical, security, and travel assistance while abroad.