Social Host Training
Social Host Training is designed to empower students who are hosting social gatherings with alcohol to plan and host successful and safe events. This interactive, two-hour workshop covers topics such as:
- Understanding Massachusetts social host liability laws and MIT policies
- Tips for planning and hosting events
- Recognizing signs of alcohol intoxication
- Strategies for intervening with intoxicated guests
- Developing concrete strategies for improve your events
Social Host Training was developed collaboratively by staff from the following departments:
- Alcohol and Other Drug Services
- Fraternities, Sororities, and Independent Living Groups
- Residential Education
- Student Activities Office
- Violence Prevention and Response
Please note: you may be required to complete Social Host Training before registering a party or event where alcohol will be served.
For more information about Social Host Training, please contact Robyn Priest, Assistant Dean of Alcohol and Other Drug Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.