Helping students understand high-risk
behavior in the context of community
Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AODS) is committed to preventing high-risk behaviors and promoting a healthy, safe environment at MIT.
While MIT is operating remotely due to COVID-19, Alcohol and Other Drug Services is committed to continuing to support students in a virtual environment. If you need help or support during this time, please email email@example.com or call (617) 258-6499 and leave a voicemail.
Our office addresses issues including alcohol and other drug use, physical and relational aggression, sexual and dating violence, hazing, social support and stress.
We are guided by the following principles:
- Empowering campus communities to help themselves
- Recognizing the unique value and needs of MIT’s diverse cultures and sub-populations
- Producing and disseminating data to inform and evaluate campus health status, strategies and programs
- Partnering and collaborating with a variety of community stakeholders to achieve coordinated response to campus health issues
- Advocating for policies to improve the health of campus communities
- Utilizing innovation and continuous improvement in all activities
We work with students, alumni and staff to develop and sustain prevention programming, provide early intervention services, and build coalitions to address MIT-related health issues. We also collaborate with members of Cambridge and Boston city agencies and participate on Massachusetts state-wide coalitions to address broader college health needs.