Making Progress on Our Vision
W20 Reopening Resources
Food, space, and services while the W20 project is being completed.
The Student Center renovation is almost complete, with retail, dining, and common spaces on floors one, two, and five now open. Below are grocery and space resources intended to bridge the gap between now and when the building reopens fully.
Groceries. The grocery shuttle schedule has been extended to Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, from 11:30 am to 4:30 pm. The shuttle runs in a loop that encompasses Trader Joe’s on Memorial Drive, Whole Foods on River Street, and the Daily Table in Central Square. Bookmark the shuttles page on the Facilities website for maps and live schedule updates.
- Daily Table has a special offer for on-campus grocery delivery.
- DoingWell website offers several other resources to help students find nutritional and financial support. Please visit DoingWell.mit.edu to learn more.
Spaces. While some reservable spaces in the building are temporarily inaccessible, there are several resources you can use now to find space for your activities:
- Unused classrooms for impromptu studying: https://classrooms.mit.edu/classrooms/#/choose
- Libraries: https://libraries.mit.edu/study/
- Use the MIT Atlas App, select "Spaces" then select "New Reservation" (See additional directions at https://registrar.mit.edu/classrooms/reserving-classroom)
- Sloan study spaces: https://mitsloanedtech.mit.edu/teaching-spaces/reservations/
- Venues listed on the Institute Events site: https://institute-events.mit.edu/plan/venues
Services. US Mail continues to be redirected to the USPS location at 770 Massachusetts Avenue. The MIT Credit Union Student Center branch is now open and has several ATMs across campus. Shop the Kendall Square COOP location at 80 Broadway for your school supplies and swag until the Student Center location reopens.
Offices and Other Resources.
- Campus Activities Complex: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and service requests. If you have specific questions related to event planning or scheduling, please email email@example.com.
- Color Printer: The Student Center color printer has been moved to 11-112 for the summer.
- Disability and Access Services: Meet with the DAS team in their offices in 5-104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For employees with disability-related technology needs, please email email@example.com
- Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request an in-person meeting or have any questions.
- Student Organizations, Leadership, and Engagement: Connect with the SOLE team at email@example.com.
- Violence Prevention & Response: Please call the helpline at (617) 253-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Center Project FAQ
This FAQ will be updated throughout the Student Center renovation project. Please check back regularly for new content.