VPR Hotline Hours
Beginning June 5th, 2020, the VPR hotline will be open during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm ET.
Calls received outside of this time will reach a recorded message with information about how to access other resources.
Violence Prevention & Response
Violence Prevention and Response (VPR) is MIT’s primary on-campus resource for preventing and responding to interpersonal violence including sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. Our prevention specialists work with the entire campus to educate and raise awareness. Beginning June 5, our hotline will be available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to support survivors in deciding what to do next.
What we do:
Violence Prevention & Response helps members of the MIT community prevent and respond to:
- Rape and sexual assault
- Sexual harassment
- Dating and domestic violence
- Unhealthy relationships
When we can help:
- If you’re dealing with something that happened on campus or off campus
- If you’re dealing with something that happened before you came to MIT or during your time here
- Whether you’re seeking support for yourself or need help providing support for a friend
How we can help:
- Think about your options
- Find emotional support
- Obtain medical and legal assistance
- Access counseling services on or off campus
- Navigate campus procedures, including housing, academic help, and the campus judicial process
- Hotline: (617) 253-2300 available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., effective June 5
- Questions about advocacy services? VPRadvocate@mit.edu
- Questions about education or outreach? VPReducation@mit.edu