Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use
The MIT TechCASH program is a feature of the MIT Card and is available to each MIT student, employee or affiliate eligible to obtain a MIT Card. Use of the TechCASH program signifies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- The TechCASH program is a stored value account plan for MIT students, employees and affiliates. Purchases that would bring the account balance below zero are not allowed.
- The MIT Card and associated records are the property of MIT. Use of the TechCASH program may be revoked at any time. The MIT Card is the access device for TechCASH. The card must be presented at the time of purchase and shall be the only means of accessing the account holder's TechCASH account(s).
- The account holder is responsible for observing the transaction amount charged to his/her account at the point and time of sale and the account holder is responsible for monitoring his/her account balance.
- The account holder is responsible for purchases made and debited to his/her account. Transactions are not always instantaneously deducted from an account due to system downtime or time periods when excessive transactions are being processed. Account holders are responsible for any negative balances accrued during these times.
- Account balances are carried over from semester to semester and year to year. MIT reserves the right to cancel any account not used for a 120-day period. Accounts closed due to inactivity, with a balance over $10.00, will have refunds mailed to the account holder's home address. Refund requests must be made in writing to: MIT TechCASH Office, 84 Massachusetts Avenue, W20-021, Cambridge MA, 02139.
- Refunds of any funds deposited via a credit card will be issued as a credit to the original credit card if possible. If the refund cannot be issued back to the original credit card, the refund will be issued by check. No transfers to Student Accounts are allowed for funds originally deposited via credit card.
- Refunds of any funds deposited via Student Accounts will be issued back to the original Student Account if possible. If not, these funds will be refunded via check.
- All TechCASH accounts of graduating students will be closed within 21 days of the degree date. Accounts with balances greater than $10.00 will be refunded in the same manner they were deposited.
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported as soon as possible to help prevent unauthorized use. Cards can be deactivated at anytime using the on-line account management feature (http://techcash.mit.edu, or by calling or visiting the MIT Card Office between 8:30AM and 4:30PM weekdays in W20-021 (617-253-3475). All purchases made prior to account deactivation are the responsibility of the account holder.
- Replacements for lost cards can be obtained at the MIT Card Office for the current lost card fee.
- No cash refunds will be given from any merchant for purchases made using the TechCASH system. Credits will be made to TechCASH accounts within three (3) business days from the time the merchandise is returned to merchant.
- The on-line account management feature (Student Link) is provided by a third party, JSA Technologies Incorporated. Participants in the Debit Card program understand that account information is shared with JSA to provide the Student Link feature. JSA is prohibited from using this data in any manner, except to provide the on-line account management program to the account holders.