Information for Witnesses
Witnesses: those who are not a party in a hearing and who may present information in the course of the COD process. Witnesses are not required to be eyewitnesses to the incident in question, but should have relevant information to present. Character witnesses are not permitted, per COD rules. Witnesses may not serve as advisors. Both parties have equal rights to have witnesses or witness statements presented. Parties are responsible for contacting and for arranging the participation of their witnesses.
Serving as a WitnessIf you are serving as a witness or providing a witness statement, you play an important role in the process. As a witness, you may provide your information related to a situation by:
- Submitting a written statement
- A written statement alone does not allow the Panel to ask you questions, but can still be a useful source of information
- If submitting a written statement you can use this template; please try to be detailed.
- Meeting with OSC staff
- Participating during a COD panel meeting
- A combination of the above options