The 2019 Multicultural Awards Banquet: Making an Impact, Right Where you Are allows the MIT community to celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of our students, faculty, and staff. Community members nominate each other for their committment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on and off the MIT campus. The event is sponsored by OMP, OGE, OME, and ICEO.
2019 Multicultural Awards Banquet Winners:
- Emerging Leader Award: Aiyah Josiah-Faeduwor
- Engineering and Community Award: Black Graduate Students Association
- Excellence in Programming Award: Sloan Africa Business Club
- Dr. Robbin Chapman Award: Ifueko Igbinedion
- Staff Award for Excellence Award: Andrés Felipe Salazar Gómez
- Faculty Ambassador Award: Danielle Wood
- Mens et Manus Award: Undergrad - Bruke Kifle, Grad - Supratim Das
- Organization of the Year Award: Undergrad - African Student Association, Grad - MIT Colombian Association
- Unsung Hero Award: Undergrad - Samira Okudo, Grad - Randi Williams
Additionally, the Office of Multicultural Programs awarded the following individuals for their connection to the OMPs mission, vision and values and for contributions to community at large.
- Office of Multicultural Programs Community Excellence Student Award: Jennifer Madiedo
- Office of Multicultural Programs Community Excellence Staff Award: Joseph Granado
- Office of Multicultural Programs Contribution Award: Alyce Johnson