The DSL On-The-Spot Recognition Program allows staff members to express immediate and spontaneous appreciation for the contributions of their peers. Giving an On-the-Spot card is a great way to say thank you to fellow colleagues and recognize excellent work.
How To Give On-The-Spot Recognition
- “WOW!” Notice an action/attitude that you would like to recognize.
- FAST FORM Fill out On-The-Spot Recognition Form.
- SUBMIT Submit your form.
- GET STUFF A Coordinator will give you a thank-you card and an On-The-Spot TechCASH card.
- SAY THANKS Write a thank-you note to the person you are recognizing.
- A DASH OF CASH Insert the On-The-Spot TechCASH card.
- RECOGNIZE! Deliver to the person you would like to recognize.
For more information about the On-The-Spot program, please contact Alicja Estabrooks at (617) 253-1496.
About the Program
The DSL Spot Award Redesign Committee, comprised of a cross-section of DSL staff, was charged with developing a fair, consistent, user-friendly recognition program that can be applied across the many unique areas of DSL. Committed to fostering a Community of Appreciation, the Committee looked to design an “award” that was personal and immediate. The Committee also focused on clarifying what types of actions are appropriate for recognition, developing methods for educating staff about the program, and creating a unified community across DSL. These values resulted in a new name, a new program, and new educational materials. In order to clarify the purpose of the program, while maintaining a piece of its history, the Committee chose to call the program the DSL On-The-Spot Recognition Program. The Recognition is a handwritten thank-you note to be given On-The-Spot, accompanied by a customized On-The-Spot $10 TechCash card.