The DSL On-the-Spot Recognition Program helps staff members give immediate and spontaneous appreciation and recognition for the contributions of their peers. Giving an On-the-Spot card is a great way to say thank you to fellow colleagues and recognize excellent work.
How To Give On-The-Spot Recognition
- “WOW!” Notice an action/attitude that you would like to recognize.
- FAST FORM Fill out On-The-Spot Recognition Form.
- SUBMIT Submit your form.
- GET STUFF A Coordinator will give you a thank-you card and an On-The-Spot TechCASH card.
- SAY THANKS Write a thank-you note to the person you are recognizing.
- A DASH OF CASH Insert the On-The-Spot TechCASH card.
- RECOGNIZE! Deliver to the person you are recognizing.
For more information about the On-The-Spot program, please contact Alicja Estabrooks at (617) 253-1496.
About the Program
The DSL Spot Award Redesign Committee, comprised of a cross-section of DSL staff, was charged with developing a fair, consistent, user-friendly recognition program that can be applied across the many unique areas of DSL. Committed to fostering a Community of Appreciation, the Committee looked to design an “award” that was personal and immediate. The Committee also focused on: clarifying what types of actions are appropriate for recognition, developing methods for educating staff about the program, and creating a unified program across DSL. These values resulted in a new name, a new program, and new educational materials. In order to clarify the purpose of the program, while maintaining a piece of its history, the Committee chose to call the program the DSL On-the-Spot Recognition Program. The Recognition is a handwritten thank-you note to be given On-the-Spot, accompanied by a customized On-the-Spot $10 TechCash card.