Spring 2021 Move-Out
As a reminder, all residents are expected to move out of their Spring 2021 housing assignment by Friday, May 28 at 12:00 Noon unless a pre-approved extension has been granted.
Travel Guidance from MIT Medical
Students living in on-campus housing who plan to leave campus for the semester should receive a negative result from a COVID-19 test administered by an MIT Medical testing facility within 72 hours of their planned departure.
This has been a semester unlike any other and the entire team at Housing & Residential Services (HRS) would like to thank you for your continued positivity and partnership. Best wishes for a wonderful end to the spring semester and a fantastic summer! If you have any housing-related inquiries related to move-out, please do not hesitate to reach out to the HRS team via email at email@example.com.
Remember, residents must move out of their residence hall by 12:00 pm (Noon) on Friday, May 28, 2021 unless a pre-approved extension has been granted.
- Pre-Plan for the Move. Prior to leaving, please complete the move-out form in advance and make sure you’ve thought through when and how you plan to leave campus. This may include consulting your finals schedule, making travel and off-campus storage arrangements, and reaching out to family or friends to help coordinate your departure. Please note, however, that guests are not allowed in the residence halls during move-out.
- Pack all personal belongings. This includes any belongings brought with you and items that you may have accumulated during the semester. Make sure to check your drawers, restroom, and other spaces where you may have placed items. If you require boxes, they will be available at the front desk of your residence hall. Please contact your House Operations Manager if you have any questions. Residents utilizing services provided by Piece by Piece Movers may leave boxed and labeled belongings in their room.
- Remove all trash and recycling. Please do not leave any perishable items in your room and be sure to deposit all trash and recycling in the appropriate area. If you have any questions about where to dispose of these items, please contact your House Operations Manager.
- Tidy Your Living Space. Please leave your room in the same condition that it was when you arrived on campus. Ensure that all bedroom furniture belonging to the residence hall is accounted for.
- Check-out at the Front Desk. When you’re ready to depart campus, please lock your door and proceed to the front desk of your residence hall. Staff will collect your room key(s) and confirm that you have checked out of your residence for the semester.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the team at Housing & Residential Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please know that additional support resources, including resources that are available after hours and 24/7, are available to support you wherever you are in the world when you are faced with a challenge.