Financial Services, Student
Building 11, Room 120
Student Financial Services (SFS) provides you with the information, products and services you need to finance your MIT education. SFS, which is part of the Office of the Dean for Undergraduate Education (DUE), supports MIT’s mission to ensure access to an MIT education for all admitted and enrolled students without regard to their financial circumstances.
Our public face is the Student Services Center (SSC) in Room 11-120, where you can visit us on a walk-in or appointment basis for personal assistance. We’re open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. except Wednesday, when we open at 10 a.m. Many of our forms are available on our Forms and Publications page, and you can find information about your academic and financial records any time on WebSIS, MIT’s secure online student information system.
SFS is also responsible for making consumer information available to students as required by federal law.
Below are the main units of SFS and what they do.
- We bill and collect your tuition, fees and other Institute charges.
- We issue refunds from your student account.
- We counsel you and your family on payment options and financial management.
- If your education is being paid for by a third party such as a government or company, we bill the sponsor on your behalf.
A-G: Andrea Vojtisek (email@example.com)
Student Financial Aid
- We award need-based financial aid from MIT and federal sources.
- We coordinate receipt of financial aid funds from state and private sources.
- We counsel you and your family on financial aid and financing options.
A-Ch: Elizabeth Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We process your student or parent loan.
- We provide you with advice on debt management strategies through entrance and exit loan counseling.
- We help you manage loan repayments after you leave MIT.
A-L: Jocelyn Heywood (email@example.com)
M-Z: Diana Ubaldo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We develop and list term-time and summer student employment opportunities, including paid community service jobs.
- We serve as your human resource office – we process forms so you can be placed on MIT’s payroll and verify your student employment history.
- We maintain the stewardship program for institutional scholarship and loan funds.