Dean for Graduate Education
The Office of the Dean for Graduate Education comprises the Office of the Dean for Graduate Education, the International Students Office, and the Graduate Student Council; together, they foster academic excellence and quality of life for MIT's community of graduate students.
The role of the Dean for Graduate Education is to provide a senior voice on behalf of graduate student issues and concerns and to work with the Graduate Student Council to articulate relevant matters to senior administration. The Dean serves on the Committee on Graduate Programs, which has oversight of graduate student progress and of the rules and regulations governing graduate education at MIT; and identifies strategic issues affecting graduate education at MIT.
- Advising and personal support
- Administrative oversight of petitions, policies and procedures, and academic performance
- MIT competitive fellowships and information on external fellowship resources
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Professional development resources
- Community building programs