Become a GRT
Graduate Resident Tutor Position Overview
The Graduate Resident Tutor (GRT) is a live-in paraprofessional responsible for furthering the mission of MIT, the Division of Student Life, and the Department of Residential Life Programs within Residential Education. GRTs are members of a house team whose charge is to support and enhance the residential living and learning environment.
A GRT works to fosters a supportive, safe, and positive living environment for all residential students. GRTs are mentors and educators who encourage personal growth, provide outlets for managing stress, and facilitate positive interpersonal relationships. GRTs are responsible for fostering an inclusive community built upon shared community standards and mutual respect.
GRT Recruitment and Selection Timeline
- December 1: Application Opens
- January 31: Application Closes—All applications must be completed at this time
- February 6–8: RLP conducts required informational interviews for all candidates
- February 13–March 16: Individual houses host in-house interviews for selected candidates
- March 24: RLP sends offer letters to selected candidates
GRT applications are no longer being accepted for the 2017-2018 academic year. If you have any inquiries regarding the position you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.