New Vassar Founders' Group
Working to help shape MIT's newest undergraduate residential community.
Members of the New Vassar Founders’ Group First Site Tour—November 19, 2019
New Vassar Founders' Group Overview & Updates
- New Vassar Founders' Group Overview
- New Vassar Founders' Group Interim Report
- View New Vassar Floor Plans
New Vassar Founders' Group
As MIT prepares to open the new undergraduate residence hall during the 2020-2021 Academic Year, a founders' group was established in 2019 to plan for establishing the new community. The group brings together many stakeholders including, most importantly, members of the MIT undergraduate community who are critical to the planning and development of this new residence.
The Founders' Group will create and sustain a living-learning community that helps students to unlock their full potential, both academically and personally; to cultivate new friendships and positive relationships with faculty, staff and peers; to further a diverse, equitable, and inclusive living climate; to develop a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle; and to explore their sense of purpose and passion for lifelong learning and discovery.
The group’s work will account for the following:
- The New Vassar residence hall will be home to a brand new undergraduate residential community with its own identity and traditions.
- The New Vassar residence hall will be a dining community where residents are required to participate in the meal plan program.
- Room-assignment policies in the New Vassar residence hall will advance the vision to create an inclusive and open community, where any student is welcome to live on any floor.
Transition Team Members
- Ololade Abdulai, Class of 2023
- Vayun Alapati, Class of 2022
- Annalisa Broski, Class of 2022
- Tahmid Jamal, Class of 2023
- Emily Larson, Class of 2022
- Tingyi Lu, Class of 2023
- Steven Hall, Simmons Associate Head of House
- Naomi Carton, Westgate Head of House
- John Ross Campbell, Assistant Director, Residential Education
- Sophia Liu, GRA
Division of Student Life
- Suzy Nelson, Vice President and Dean for Student Life
- Judy Robinson, Senior Associate Dean, Residential Education
- David Friedrich, Senior Associate Dean, Housing & Residential Services
- Don Camelio, Associate Dean, Residential Education
- Kate McCarthy, Associate Dean, Student Support and Wellbeing
- Rich Hilton, Director of House Operations, Housing & Residential Services
- Kester Barrow, Assistant Dean, CARE Team
- Somiya Kalloo, Assistant Dean, Office of Minority Education
- Jennifer Meredith, Staff to Founders' Group
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org