Burton Conner Renewal Project
Beginning in June 2020, Burton Conner will be taken offline for renewal.
About the Project
Built in 1928, and serving as a residence hall at MIT since 1948, Burton Conner is currently scheduled to be taken offline for renewal after Commencement 2020 and is targeted to reopen in August 2022. At this time, the renewal is primarily for an extensive infrastructure and building systems update, which will include modest updates to finishes and spaces.
DSL and their partners in the Department of Facilities and Office of Campus Planning are currently gathering data and surveying the building to better understand the full scope of renewal work needed.
Burton Conner Transition Team
Roles & Responsibilities
The Transition Team will serve as a conduit for the BC community to register hopes, concerns, and questions about the renewal process. They will also:
- surface renewal-related issues
- develop strategies to address the issues raised
- work through the logistics of relocation
- provide input to the project plans as needed
- ensure effective communication with the BC community
Transition Team Members
- Alice Zhang, BC President
- Lisa Yoo, BC Vice President
- Wilson Banks Spearman
- Allan Garcia-Zych
- Yu Jing Chen
- Austin Edelman
- Liliana Vela
- Janelle Knox-Hayes, Head of House
- Jarrod Hayes, Head of House
- Kat Howell, Area Director
Division of Student Life
- David Friedrich, Sr. Associate Dean for Housing & Residential Services
- Judy Robinson, Sr. Associate Dean for Residential Education
- Don Camelio, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Residential Life
- Jennifer Hapgood-White, Director of Residential Services
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to this page will be made as more information becomes available. Don't forget to bookmark the link!