Students who will be assisting with Orientation or are participating in a sport that begins before the start of the school year may be permitted to return to campus before the designated move-in date for returning students.IMPORTANT: Select groups are allotted a specific number of spaces for early returns. The coordinators of these gropus will supply Housing & Residential Services (HRS) with a list of students selected to return early. HRS is unable to add additional students beyond the approved number for each group.
Each student on a coordinator's list must submit an individual early return application in order to be granted an early return date. When you submit the application, you are agreeing to abide by the all housing policies and procedures. You will not be permitted to access your room before your designated move-in date.
Early Return Eligibility
- Group coordinators may select any sophomore, junior, or senior undergraduate students who have been assigned to live in an undergraduate residence hall for the fall semester.
- Students who live in fraternities, sororities, or independent living groups (FSILGs) for the fall semester are not eligible to return early, except those students who reside in Green Hall or 405 Memorial Drive.
- If you are living in an FSILG for the summer, you are NOT eligible to return early unless you are approved for an early return through an on-campus group. You will need to find alternative housing for the period of time between the end of your FSILG housing and the September move-in date for returning students.
Moving In without Early Return Approval
- If you are not approved for an early return by HRS, you may not move in early to your room/residence hall.
- Housing staff is unable to provide access to your room/residence hall until the returning student move-in date (Sunday prior to fall term Registration Day).
- All unauthorized early returns will be charged a $595 early return fee.