Spring and Fall Housing Allocations
Are you a graduate student looking for on-campus housing? Find out more about the spring and fall housing allocations.
|Spring Allocation||Fall Allocation|
|Application opens||October||approximately mid-March through early May|
|Housing for||spring academic semester||fall academic semester|
|Eligibility||new or returning students; current residents looking to transfer from single to family housing; current residents looking to transfer from family to single housing||new or returning students not living on campus; current residents looking to transfer from single to family housing; current residents looking to transfer from family to single housing|
|Length of Housing Assignment||spring semester until August*||depends on your status and building assignment**|
Penalty for decline of assignment
or do not sign license agreement
|cancellation fee = $250||cancellation fee = $250|
* Single students assigned to the Warehouse will receive a non-renewable assignment lasting until August 15. All other students will have an option to renew their license agreement for another year.
** Students with "continuing status" assigned to family or single housing will receive an assignment through August 15 with an option to renew until they graduate or cease to be registered at MIT.
Regularly enrolled students with " 1year renewable" status assigned to family housing will receive an assignment through August 15, with an option to renew until the following August 15.
Regularly enrolled students with "non-renewable" status assigned to single graduate housing will receive a non-renewable assignment through August 15.
- Current on-campus MIT students are not eligible to enter the allocations unless looking to transfer from single to family housing or from family to single housing.
- Current on-campus students in single housing looking to change residence halls should enter the Building-to-Building Transfer process in November.
- Visitors (post docs, visiting students, scientists, researchers, etc.) are not eligible for the allocation but can enter the waiting list when it opens.
- All students who receive an assignment in any allocation and sign a license agreement, are subject to all fees/policies associated with the termination of graduate housing. See Change or Cancel Your Assignment for more information
- Students can view the allocation results/assignment online. Students will also receive an email at their MIT email address.
Enter the fall semester housing allocation now through April 30, 2017, by visiting http://myhousing.mit.edu.