Renew or Reapply
If you currently live in on-campus housing, you will receive an email in late March notifying you that your current housing assignment will end on August 15. Depending your status, you will be asked to renew or reapply. Find out more below.
Renew vs. Reapply
Students who entered the allocation as a "new" student must reapply the next year to the housing allocation as a "continuing" student. After your first year as a continuing student, you can usually renew your housing assignment from year to year.
If a "new" student familly has completed one year of the initial two year assignment, they can renew at the end of the first year, and reapply for housing as a "continuing" student family at the end of the second year of the initial housing assignment. After your first year as a continuing student family, you can usually renew your housing assignment from year to year.
* If you are a continuing student or family, your options will be to renew or terminate your assignment. DO NOT reapply through the housing allocation process if you are planning to renew your assignment. This will result in excess charges to your account.
** New students in single graduate housing will not be able to renew their current housing assignment.
How to Renew
- If you are eligible to renew, you will receive an email in late March asking if you want to renew your housing. This email will have two links, one for your new license agreement and one for termination of the previous agreement. You will need to sign the new license agreement to remain in your assignment.
- If you are not renewing, you must fill out the termination form and let us know when you are leaving.
- If you would like to change your room, consult the rules for your specific residence hall or learn more about transfers.
How to Reapply
- All "new" students will receive an email sometime in March reminding you that your assignment expires on August 15. You will be asked to reapply to the housing allocation as a "continuing" student and complete a termination form for your current assignment.
- You must fill out a termination form with a projected departure date on or before August 15.
- If you would like to stay in on-campus housing, you must reapply for the housing allocation as a "continuing" student.
- Complete a termination form letting us know your expected departure date.
- If you aren't sure when you will leave, enter the last day of your license agreement (August 15).
- If you find you need to move earlier, email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with your earlier departure date. You must give at least 30 days notice.
- Graduating students have the option of terminating the Saturday following graduation, one week after graduation, June 30, or any time between July 31 and August 15.