Renew or Reapply

If you currently live in on-campus housing, you will receive an email in late March reminding you about your license agreement end date. Depending your status, you will be asked to renew or reapply. Find out more below.

Renew vs. Reapply


Students who entered the allocation as a "new" student or family can renew at the end of the first year, and reapply to the housing allocation to try to gain "continuing" student at the end of the second year of the initial housing assignment. After your first year as a continuing student, you can usually renew your housing assignment from year to year.

* If you are a continuing student or family, your options will be to renew or terminate your assignment. DO NOT apply to the allocation if you are planning to renew your assignment. This will result in extra charges on your account.

How to Renew

  • If you are eligible to renew, you will receive an email in late March asking if you want to renew your housing. This email will have two links, one for your new license agreement and one for termination of the previous agreement. You will need to sign the new license agreement to remain in your assignment.
  • If you are not renewing, you must fill out the termination form and let us know when you are leaving.
  • If you would like to change your room, you have two options. You may either terminate your housing and apply for the allocation or consult the rules for your specific residence hall to learn about internal transfers.

How to Reapply

  • All students with a non-renewable license agreement will receive an email in March reminding you that your license agreement expires on July 31. You will be asked to reapply to the allocation and complete a termination form for your current assignment.
  • You must fill out a termination form with a projected departure date on or before July 31. 
  • If you would like to stay in on-campus housing, you must reapply through the allocation process.


  • Complete a termination form letting us know your expected departure date.
  • If you aren't sure when you will leave, enter the last day of your license agreement (July 31).
  • If you find you need to move earlier, email immediately with your earlier departure date. You must give at least 30-days' notice.
  • Graduating students have the option of terminating the Saturday following graduation, one week after graduation, June 30, or any time until July 31. (Note: Dates are subject to change if the date of Commencement is moved.)