Internal Transfers

Looking to change rooms in your current building?

Internal Transfers within Single Student Housing

If you wish to change rooms in 70 Amherst St., Edgerton House, Sidney Pacific or Tang Hall:
  • complete a Single Housing Internal Transfer Form (applications not accepted before August 31)
  • you will be added to the transfer list and offered a new room via email if one becomes available
All residents who transfer will be charged a $200 transfer fee to help offset the cost of turning over the apartment.

If you wish to change rooms in Ashdown House or the Warehouse:
  • Ashdown House residents who would like to transfer rooms should sign up for the next Ashdown in-house room assignments lottery. Assignments are based on seniority points earned through the length of residency and service as an officer. Contact the Ashdown House Executive Committee for dates of the next lottery.
  • Warehouse room transfers are done through an internal lottery. Residents wishing to transfer apartments should contact the Heads of House.

Other Options

If you do not want to wait for the next scheduled transfer period, your only options are to terminate your current assignment and apply for the next self-selection period or put your name on the graduate housing waiting list.

Before terminating your housing, consider the risks:
  • You may not be able to get another on-campus housing assignment.
  • If you do not get another assignment you will have to find off-campus housing.
  • You will be subject to all termination policies including rent responsibility and possibly an early termination fee.
  • You forfeit all seniority you may have accrued while living in your current assignment.
Want to switch buildings? Apply for the Building-to-Building Transfer Process that happens every November.

If you will have a spouse/partner joining you on campus, find out more about applying to family housing.