Office of Student Citizenship 2nd Level

Campus Resources

This can be a very stressful time for all the parties involved. The Committee on Discipline and The Office of Student Citizenship wants to make sure that you are aware of the numerous resources around campus that you can turn to during these times.

  • Student Support Services (S3): Student Support Services, S3 is a low-key, safe place that makes asking for help a little easier. A diverse staff is available to you for confidential conversation and support. S3 is located in 5-104 and may be reached at X3-4861.
  • Mental Health: Mental Health services offered through MIT Medical are a good place to go when you would like to speak to a counseling professional. The practitioners include psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, psychologists, and clinical social workers so you will be able to find someone that fits your needs. These services are free for students. Mental Health is located in E23 and may be contacted x3-2916. That same number will put you in touch with their 24-hour emergency on-call clinician if your concern comes after hours or on weekends.
  • House Teams: Your House Team includes your Housemaster, Area Director (AD), Graduate Resident Tutor (GRT)—or, if you live in an FSILG, your Residential Advisor (RA)—and they are there to help you either directly or to help put you in touch with additional appropriate campus resources.
  • Chaplaincy: If you would feel more comfortable seeking spiritual guidance, MIT Religious Life has representatives from most major religions.
  • Dean On Call: The Dean on Call is an after hours resource for you if you do not know where else to go, and want to speak with someone tied into the Institute. There is always a dean on call, even after office hours. To reach him or her for any reason, call Campus Police (253-1212) and ask for the dean-on-call.
  • MIT Conflict Resolution
  • IFC Judicial Committee
  • Ombuds Office
  • MIT Police