Opening of the CAC Reservation Books
2015- 2016 Academic Year
Monday, December 1, 2014 @ 9 am
Please find below the step-by-step process for this opening:
1. The opening of the books is a virtual process and for CAC space only. This opening covers space (not promotional space or Stata Center space) from July 1, 2015 to May 22, 2016. The following space is available for booking: the Stratton Student Center, Kresge Auditorium, Religious Activities Center (W11), MIT Chapel, Memorial Lobby, Lobby 13, Walker Memorial, CAC Outdoor Spaces, and Wong Auditorium/Ting Foyer in the Tang Building.
2. All requests are made through the Virtual EMS Enterprise scheduling system, which is accessible through the CAC website, http://studentlife.mit.edu/cac, click on “Virtual EMS” link. All MIT ASA-recognized student groups and employees will need to have an account to use this system. If you are not sure about your account or need to establish one, come to W20-500 to discuss or call 617-253-3913. Be sure to do this before 11/26/14. The CAC Office is open from Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (closed Thursday, 11/27/14 and Friday, 11/28/14).
3. On Monday, 12/1/14 and running through Thursday, 12/4/14 at noon, groups/departments can request through Virtual EMS a maximum of 5 bookings. Please remember that groups are limited to three dates per term in major events spaces (Main Kresge, Little Kresge, Sala, Lobdell, Wong Auditorium, and Morss Hall) on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night. Also, major event space requests for consecutive weekends will not be granted.
4. Starting on Friday, 12/5/14 at 9 am and running through 12/11/14 at noon, groups/departments can request a maximum of an additional 40 bookings, with the previously stated rules on major event spaces (#3).
5. Starting on Friday, 12/12/14 at 9 am, groups/departments can request any number of bookings.
6. Promotional space (Lobby 10 booths, Student Center and Stata tables, Infinite Corridor panels, and Student Center poster positions) is not part of this process. Promotional space for Spring 2015 opens on December 1, 2014. Promotional space for Fall 2015 opens on May 1, 2015.
7. CAC expects all groups/departments to adhere to the process as stated in steps 1-7 and with the guidelines as stated in the Event Planning Guide, http://web.mit.edu/eventguide/. Not doing so could result in delays or denials of your request.