Opening of the CAC Reservation Books
2013- 2014 Academic Year
Monday, November 26, 2012 @ 9 am
Please find below the step-by-step process for this opening:
- The opening of the books is a virtual process and for CAC space only. This opening covers space (not promotional space or Stata Center space) from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014. Space available for booking includes the Student Center, Kresge, Religious Activities Center (W11), Chapel, Lobbies 10 and 13, Walker Memorial, and Wong Auditorium/Ting Foyer in the Tang Building.
- All requests are made through the Virtual EMS Enterprise scheduling system, which is accessible through the CAC website, http://studentlife.mit.edu/cac, click on “Virtual EMS” link. All MIT ASA-recognized student groups and employees will need to have an account to use this system. If you are not sure about your account or need to establish one, come to W20-500 to discuss or call 617-253-3913. Be sure to do this before 11/26/12. The CAC Office is open from Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- On 11/26/12, the CAC office staff will be available to answer questions and concerns, starting at 9 am at 617-253-3913.
- On 11/26/12 at 9 am, groups/departments can request through Virtual EMS a maximum of 5 bookings. Please remember that groups are limited to three dates per term in major events spaces (Sala, Lobdell, and Morss Hall) on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night. Also, major event space requests for consecutive weekends will not be granted.
- Starting at 9 am on 11/27/12 and running through 12/2/12, groups/departments can request a maximum of an additional 40 bookings, with the previously stated rules on major event spaces (#4).
- During the week of 12/3/12 and starting at 9 am on 12/3/12, groups/departments can request a maximum of an additional 40 bookings, with the previously stated rules.
- Starting on 12/10/12 at 9 am, groups/departments can request any number of bookings.
- Promotional space (Lobby 10 booths, Student Center and Stata tables, Infinite Corridor panels, and Student Center poster positions) is not part of this process. Promotional space for Spring 2013 opens on December 1, 2012. Promotional space for Fall 2013 opens on May 1, 2013. Promotional space for Spring 2014 opens on December 1, 2013.
- CAC expects all groups/departments to adhere to the process as stated in steps 1-8 and with the guidelines as stated in the Event Planning Guide. Not doing so could result in delays or denials of your request.
Listed below are the steps for the requesting of Campus Activities Complex Space (excluding Stata) for the 2013-2014 academic year: