Weekends@MIT is an initiative aimed at increasing the availability of substance-free, weekend, late night, social events on campus. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to hear about events. You can also get involved by joining our student group, SaveTFP or co-sponsoring an event in the Coffeehouse Lounge.
SaveTFP is a student organization that hosts fun, food-filled events every Friday night in a relaxed, entertaining social atmosphere. Events are always free and open to the entire MIT community. Sponsored by the Alcohol and Other Drugs Services office, SaveTFP is committed to reducing stress and facilitating student social activities while increasing health awareness and curbing dangerous behaviors at MIT. Contact email@example.com with questions or ideas.
As part of the Weekends@MIT initiative, student organizations are encouraged to contact Robyn Priest, Assistant Dean for Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AODS), to express interest in co-sponsoring social events with SaveTFP on Saturday nights in the Coffeehouse Lounge in the Student Center.
Guidelines for Co-Sponsorship
- Student organization is responsible for planning and hosting the event (from start to finish)
- Event must be open to the MIT community
- Event must occur on Saturday night from 9pm - 11pm
- SaveTFP will contribute up to $250 toward the budget for the event
- SaveTFP will provide the Coffeehouse Lounge space (already reserved)
- SaveTFP will provide two members to assist the night of the event
- AODS will help publicize the event through the Byte and the Weekends@MIT mailing list
- Event must be substance-free