Get Help & Support
How does your alcohol or drug use impact your academic, personal, and social life? What aspects of your current use may be high-risk and how can you reduce the harms associated with your use. Are you concerned about a friend’s substance use? We can help.
AODS is committed to continuing to support students during the COVID‑19 pandemic.
Online screening tools for alcohol and cannabis continue to be available. In lieu of in-person substance use assessments and BASICS appointments, AODS staff will facilitate these meetings virtually using Zoom. If you're interested in participating in AA meetings virtually, visit http://aa-intergroup.org to learn more.
If you need help or support during this time, please email aods‑email@example.com or call 617-258-6499 and leave a voicemail.
Alcohol and Cannabis Self-Assessment Tools
eCHECKUP TO GO is a confidential online tool which will provide you with personalized feedback about your drinking and/or cannabis use patterns, specific health and personal consequences, unique personal and family risk factors, and campus and community support services. The program takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students)
A 2-session program that walks you through conversations that illuminate your social habits and patterns, such as:
- your relationships with friends
- how your social behaviors compare with other MIT students
- what role your alcohol use plays within these contexts
This is a private, non-judgmental conversation that emphasizes your health and safety. You will not get in trouble for underage alcohol use or illegal drug use. You can decide what, if anything, you’d like to change, and we'll help you develop a plan to meet your goals.
Schedule an appointment: https://studentlife.mit.edu/aods-appointments
Alcohol and Narcotics Anonymous
- Meetings based on a 12-step model that promotes sobriety from alcohol and other drugs
- Meetings held both on campus and within surrounding community
- For more information on AA meetings across the greater Boston area: https://aaboston.org/
- For more information about NA meetings: https://nerna.org/find-a-meeting/