Get Help & Support
How does your alcohol or drug use impact your academic, personal, and social life? What aspects of your current use may be high-risk and how can you reduce the harms associated with your use. Are you concerned about a friend’s substance use? We can help.
Online ScreeningOnline Self-Assessment
360 Proof's Personalized Feedback Index (PFI) is a confidential online tool designed to help you consider the personal impact of your alcohol use and explore strategies to reduce any alcohol-related harms you may be experiencing. The PFI takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
In-Person ScreeningBASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students)
A 2-session program that walks you through conversations that illuminate your social habits and patterns, such as:
- your relationships with friends
- how your social behaviors compare with other MIT students
- what role your alcohol use plays within these contexts
This is a private, non-judgmental conversation that emphasizes your health and safety. You will not get in trouble for underage alcohol use or illegal drug use. You can decide what, if anything, you’d like to change, and we'll help you develop a plan to meet your goals.
Schedule an appointment: https://studentlife.mit.edu/aods-appointments
Self-HelpAlcohol and Narcotics Anonymous
- Meetings based on a 12-step model that promotes sobriety from alcohol and other drugs
- Meetings held both on campus and within surrounding community
- For more information on AA meetings across the greater Boston area: https://aaboston.org/
- For more information about NA meetings: https://nerna.org/find-a-meeting/