Helping students understand high-risk
behavior in the context of community
Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AODS) is committed to preventing high-risk behaviors and promoting healthy communities and safe environments at MIT.
Our office addresses issues including alcohol and other drug use, physical and relational aggression, sexual and dating violence, hazing, social support and stress.
We are guided by the following principles:
- Empowering campus communities to help themselves
- Recognizing the unique value and needs of MIT’s diverse cultures and sub-populations
- Producing and disseminating data to inform and evaluate campus health status, strategies and programs
- Partnering and collaborating with a variety of community stakeholders to achieve coordinated response to campus health issues
- Advocating for policies to improve the health of campus communities
- Utilizing innovation and continuous improvement in all activities