The faculty Committee on Student Life (CSL) shall be concerned with the quality of the learning and living environment at MIT, with specific attention to issues of community. The duties and responsibilities of the CSL shall include:
- Exercising general attention for the range, availability, and effectiveness of Institute-wide support services to students, and with the formal and informal relationship among the students, the Institute, and the Faculty
- Considering proposals that would change or modify policies pertinent to student life and making recommendations to the faculty and the Dean for Student Life
- Encouraging innovation in programs regarding student life, particularly involving faculty, including the coordination and review of initiatives
- Interacting with other faculty committees and student governing organizations and with the Schools, departments, etc., on important issues concerning student life and community and communicating with the MIT community about such issues
- Serving as the standing faculty advisory body to the Dean for Student Life
For more information about the Committee on Student Life, please contact Victoria Davenport at (617) 253-8566.